Brent Smith is Newfoundland’s Chief Chocolate Officer
In This Episode
- Greg introduces Brent Smith who is a Newfoundland chocolate retailer calling in from Las Vegas, Nevada.
- We hear our guest’s personal story of how he and his wife decided to go into the chocolate business.
- Brent explains how part of the inspiration for the company was to afford to get their two sons to Disney World.
- Our hosts hear the story of the Newfoundland Chocolate Company’s breakthrough, and how they became a chocolate retail company.
- Brent shares how having no paycheque one Christmas morning inspired him and his wife to grow their own business full-time.
- Listen in to this installment of the Boiling Point to hear the full story!
CEO, Newfoundland Chocolate Company
- Brent Smith is the CCO or Chief Chocolate Officer of the Newfoundland Chocolate Company.
- The Newfoundland Chocolate Company has won a number of awards including the St. John’s Board of Trade’s highest honour, the 2015 overall Business Excellence Award.
- In addition, Newfoundland Chocolates were named the Atlantic Food Product of the Year in 2012. They were named one of Canada’s top chocolates in 2013.
- Prior to his leap into the world of chocolate, Brent worked with and ran several non-profits. This included seven years at Easter Seals Society and five years in tobacco control policy.