In This Episode
There is something terrible that we all have inside us that are difficult to remove unless it is brought into the light of day. It can affect how we perceive other people and can negatively affect our decision-making. The thing I am speaking of is our unconscious bias and today’s Boiling Point guest is seeking to eliminate it from our organizations. Check out this episode of the Boiling Point to see how emotional and diversity intelligence could help you and your organization.
In This Episode
- A coffee soaked Greg is back with Stephen Kopp filling in for Dave.
- We are introduced to Leeno and Enkidu.
- Leeno lets us in on the correct pronunciation of Enkidu, what the name means, and how it relates to the company’s goals.
- Leeno tells us how Enkidu uses data analytics to drive unconscious bias out of organizations.
- We learn about emotional intelligence and how it is a better predictor of success than IQ or skill set.
- Leeno tells us the four components of EQ and tell us why EQ makes better leaders.
- Leeno uses Greg’s Honda Accord as an example of diversity intelligence.
- We hear some examples of insidious unconscious bias and how our unconscious bias bleeds through organizations.
- Leeno discusses how we see ourselves by our intent, but other see us through our impact and relates this to rude people and micro-managers.
- We also hear an analogy of Leeno’s brother and why we sometimes do not see women and diversity in positions of leadership.
- Greg appreciates how Leeno and Enkidu are able to hack the major problem of our assumptions and bias.
- We also hear a story of how Greg takes out the garbage.
Dr. Leeno Karumanchery
Diversity Solutions, and Enkidu, Sociologist
Dr. Leeno Karumanchery is a sociologist with 25 years of experience in the field of diversity and inclusion. He is recognized as one of North America’s preeminent emotional intelligence and diversity experts and is the creator of Diversity Intelligence training as well as the executive vice president of training and content development at Enkidu. Enkidu is a consultancy company that helps organizations identify their talent, hire more people like them, keep them, and promote them through the examination of emotional intelligence.