Motivation Provided By Olympic Gold Medalist Heather Moyse
In This Episode
- Monica is back filling in for Greg.
- We are introduced to Heather for both the person she is as well as her accomplishments.
- We learn about what Heather is up to now and her passion for empowering others.
- Heather tells us about the surreal experience of going to the Olympics.
- Heather makes the point that she was just one of the best in the world who were willing to take a leap of faith to try to best at something and we are all capable of more than we generally give ourselves credit for.
- We hear how Heather is inspiring others to take her path to become more than they could have imagined.
- She tells us about her “no regrets” philosophy and what that means to her.
- Heather tells us why we should strive for the “unlikely, but possible” and how she is now more motivated by a challenge than by mastering it.
- Dave likes the idea of stepping back to appreciate and embrace the challenge and not just being focused on the result.
- Monica wants to re-evaluate where she may have had some limiting beliefs that may have stunted her in the past.
Have you truly challenged yourself lately? So many of us go through our daily lives and make excuses why we can’t take ourselves to the next level. Maybe we are just being lazy, have fears that we won’t live up to our dreams, or assume we are not good enough. Sometimes we just need to be motivated by someone that has done something extraordinary to kick-start our own challenges. Someone like two-time Olympic gold medalist Heather Moyse.
You would be surprised to find out that Heather wasn’t always so driven. She admits that her athletic prowess had more to do with genetics than dedication. Though she played three varsity sports in university, you wouldn’t have ever seen her in the gym lifting weights in her spare time. What Heather did enjoy was a challenge, which is just what happened when at the age of 27 she was given the opportunity to go to the Olympics just five months after being introduced to the sport of bobsledding. Find out how her challenge was almost if not more rewarding than her gold medals in this inspiring episode of the Boiling Point.
Check out The Boiling Point Podcast!
A podcast for the ever evolving entrepreneur.
FOLLOW THE BOILING POINT PODCAST
To subscribe using another podcatcher, copy this URL: