Triple Bottom Line Banking with Richard Vaillancourt
In This Episode
- We learn what led Richard from a life of working with the traditional banks to a life with credit unions.
- Richard tells us it what it means to invest in your community and the themes that guide his credit union.
- We learn what Omista learned by doing the B Corp assessment and how it steered them toward further changes.
- Richard tells us about the efforts he and his employees have made in their community.
- We ask why more people haven’t made the switch to a credit union.
- Dave would like to see more financial institutions run by those in human resource backgrounds.
- Greg considers switching to Omista because of the B Corp “fraternity”.
- Richard Vaillancourt is the CEO of Omista Credit Union in New Brunswick, which manages assets of over $300 million.
- Omista’s proved they are committed to community when they became a B Corp.
- Omista offers the same services offered by traditional banks except their’s is built on a cooperative spirit.