Stress Management and Task-Oriented Coping with Jeff McAloon and Dr. Paul Atkinson
In This Episode
- Jeff talks about ways to cope with stress within emergency cares which led him to being heavily involved with work place safety.
- He goes on to discuss the idea of ECPR. ECPR keeps a person’s vital organs such as their brain supplied with blood and oxygen until they can treat the cause of their cardiac arrest.
- He also discusses building a different foundation in the Saint John Regional Hospital and his involvement with different resources and how ECPR went on to be a winning idea on the show Dragons Den.
CEO of Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation
- McAloon joined the Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation as President & Ceo in July of 2013.
- Jeff has a background in strategic planning, governance and team building.
- Jeff is a graduate of Mount Allison University, Ryerson University, and holds a professional designation in Human Resources.
Dr. Paul Atkinson
Emergency Physician and Site Director for Emergency Medicine Research, Saint John Regional Hospital
- Dr. Atkinson is a physician, a professor at Dalhousie University and a chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine Research Committee.
- Won the Grant Innes Award for Top Research Abstract from the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians in 2014.
- Won the “Best in Class” Award at Dalhousie University in 2012.