Lessons from Surfing with Ken Otter
In This Episode
- Ken chats with Greg and Dave about his passion for surfing and how it has become a creative outlet for him to express himself.
- He explains the essence of surfing and life lessons you can learn from being out on the water, and how the experience itself can teach you things outside of surfing as well.
- Ken discusses about how he drifted away from surfing, and it came back to him at the age of 40 and he felt the same excitement as when he was 14 years old.
- He talks about how he incorporates his love for surfing into his ways of teaching.
Co-director of The Leadership Center at Saint Mary's College and Associate Professor in Leadership
- As a life long wave-rider, Ken lives his life in motion, more improvised than choreographed.
- Ken Otter presently works as the Co-director of The Leadership Center at Saint Mary’s College and Associate Professor in Leadership.
- His educational background includes studies in somatic, counselling and organizational psychology, expressive arts therapy, adult development and learning, and leadership.
- Ken designs and facilitates innovative and transformative learning experiences for people, individually who want to use their role and work to catalyze meaningful systems change in their world.