Who is Coaching the Parents? Alison Smith Explains Her #1 Parenting Tip
In This Episode
Obviously, we at the Boiling Point are great advocates of coaching. We know that the coach approach works because we have experienced it in our own lives. The coach approach can help us navigate all numbers of aspects in our lives from business, to athletics, to life in general. Today’s Boiling Point guest talks about her coach approach to parenting.
- Dave is back and hosting with Greg.
- We are introduced to Alison and learn more on her coaching approach to parenting.
- Alison tells us how she got into coaching partly due to the lack of time for relationship building in the education system.
- We are introduced the concepts of gentle and positive parenting and how it doesn’t mean a child can get away with anything.
- There is a discussion on the evolution of fatherhood and on allowing yourself to be vulnerable.
- Dave and Alison discuss the fallacy that coaches have it all figured out, and the truth to the saying, “Don’t trust a coach without a coach.”
- Greg discusses how part of figuring out the correct path is by making mistakes.
- Alison gives us her number one parenting tip.
Alison Smith is a former teacher and is currently a mother, parenting coach, and writer living in Saint John, New Brunswick. With her coaching, she supports parents to decode their child’s behaviour. Alison helps to improve cooperation and communication in the home. Alison is an advocate of positive and gentle parenting as it comes from a place of respect.