Building a Business with Social Change in Mind – Ian Capstick
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6135781/height/360/width/640/theme/legacy/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/" height="360" width="640" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
- Ian discusses his involvement with politics and being surrounded by politicians who inspired him to pursue his passion.
- He describes the corporate structure behind MediaStyle, a Certified BCorp, and it’s involvement in truth and reconciliation cases.
- Ian and his company MediaStyle working with The Tragically Hip’s Gord Dowie, learning how to stay humble as they created change through communications.
Founder of MediaStyle
- Ian is passionate about creating social change through communications which initiated the founding of his communications firm MediaStyle in 2008.
- MediaStyle is a certified B Corp with a mission to help people who needs their voices heard.
- Ian started his career on Parliament Hill as an assistant press secretary, supporting cabinet ministers and opposition members in the House of Commons.