The Intersection of Passion and Innovation
Introducing Shawn Leger and FORCE 3 Innovations
When passion and innovation merge the results can be powerful. Someone who knows all about this situation is Shawn Leger. Shawn has worked in the rehab field for 16 years and he also has a passion for finding solutions to his customers’ needs. One day he was fitting a wheelchair for an elderly man when he noticed he kept leaning to one side. Shawn found out that this man was a career truck driver and his lean was a result of his many years sitting on the road. This got Shawn thinking about the posture of those who have to drive for a living and resulted in him forming FORCE 3 Innovations to help solve the problem. The product he has now patented and tested can lower back pain, increase tolerance, and provide enhanced health outcomes. The product could also be the only one of its kind that would keep drivers awake longer. Not to mention, that it comes integrated with technology to remember your preferred seat configuration and configurations can be uploaded to clinicians to access if the configuration is correct for your posture. Check out this week’s Boiling Point to hear from a leader fueled by passion.
In this episode
- Greg and Dave ambush Shawn with an interview.
- Shawn tells us about how he first knew he had the entrepreneurial bug.
- He gives us his background in the rehab industry with Medi Chair.
- Shawn explains how the rewards of helping out clients can often be better than money.
- We hear how FORCE 3 got started.
- He tells us that the essence of innovation is knowing that situations can be better.
- Shawn tells us about the other industries that are taking notice of his work.
- He tells us how his chair evolved an IT feedback function.
- Shawn tells innovators to get moving and that roadblocks can be overcome.
- We hear that one of the most important things to do in business is to listen and consider advice.
- Greg loves Shawn’s spirit of innovation and how he can see opportunities and take them
- Dave is inspired by the intersection of passion and innovation in Shawn’s journey.