Financial Monitoring = More Sleep
Introducing Owen Green
Passionate, driven entrepreneurs often need to focus on what they are good at. This could mean being visionaries, or taking part in the grind of everyday business. For many though, the evening can be filled with worry when they realize that their books are a mess, or they don’t know if they can afford to make payroll AND invest into that new opportunity.
That is where people like Owen Green come into your life and allows you to have sweet dreams. Owen is an accountant and co-owner of Adams Green, as well as the Hemmings House CFO. After years of experience in “big business” accounting, Owen was looking for a change of pace. He began to realize that many small and medium sized businesses didn’t have the resources to afford designated accounting divisions, but was often in the position of needing someone to manage their financial situation. Many of the leaders of these businesses needed to spend the majority of their focus on the day-to-day and couldn’t give the proper attention their books deserved.
The opportunity, as Owen saw it, was to efficiently provide financial divisions to smaller companies of like-minded values. Now, as Canada’s only financial service B-Corp, Adams Green is helping businesses in their community thrive while making its own social impact.
In this episode.
- Owen tells us how he got the idea for Adams Green after a job interview for a job that would have been unfulfilling.
- He tells us how building confidence was a huge stepping point to making the leap into entrepreneurship.
- Owen reminds us of the importance of asking for help and the amazing results that comes about.
- We hear about his reservations for going into business including drumming up sales as an introvert.
- We hear how Hemmings House was set-up as a B-Corp and how it started Adams Green on its own B-Corp path.
- We also hear about the social impact Adams Green is making in their community.
- There is a discussion of work/life balance versus work/life integration.
- Dave likes the idea of a purpose driven account and suggests that the sooner you have your company’s financial situation looked at, the sooner you can move forward.
- Greg remembers how deflating it can be worrying about your books when you are looking to make your next steps with your business. He tells us how Owen has supported his company’s growth and how the service is really helping the community.