Discover Saint John
Introducing Victoria Clarke
Victoria Clarke has an enviable job for all of those who live and love Saint John, New Brunswick. Back in July, Victoria took the job as Executive Director of Discover Saint John, the destination marketing organization for the place that the Boiling Point calls home. For many, Saint John is a city you drive past on the highway on your way to other destinations. However, for those in the know, Saint John is a hidden gem consisting of authentic, genuine people, unique surroundings, and quaint businesses and services. Like Victoria says, Saint John is like the prettiest girl at the dance with low self-esteem; sometimes those who live in the city forget just how great they have it.
Part of Victoria’s mandate is to encourage those in the business world to bring their conferences and annual general meetings to Saint John. The city is a terrific spot for such events because of the close proximity of hotels, world-class restaurants, activities, and some of the most welcoming people you could find. Those who come in from the bigger cities are impressed with all this little place can offer in convenience and quality.
Check out Boiling Point this week for a love-in for the city we hold so dear, Saint John.
In this episode
- Dave starts us out with a little story about running into Victoria in a hotel parking lot.
- We talk about what we love about the city of Saint John and what makes the city so unique.
- Greg makes a pitch to sell his waterfront cottage in Quispamsis.
- Victoria reminds us of some of the great activities and sights that tourists and stay-cationers can take part in.
- We talk about the unique personality of the city and its people.
- Victoria reminds all Saint Johners to be ambassadors of their city.
- She also tells us how Discover Saint John can be an asset to planning your unique event.
- Everyone shares one of their own quirky Saint John finds.